18 April 2008

My Heroes!


Stacie

Stacie and I first met back in 1995. We were both working for a Mall based retail toy store called Imaginarium. I remember this fun loving fiery redhead and immediately knew that there was something special about her. She was pretty, fun loving, a little rebellious, and great to be around. If you would have asked me back then if we would have gotten together, I would have told you no. (Although I did have a crush on her).

Well life happened and the two of us found each other 10 years later.... Both of us divorced with children. I will explain how we found each other in another post. For now however back to my thoughts on my wife.

I remember Stacie from my younger retail days and she was HOT! 10 Years later... and she has only gotten better. The two of us are like Salt and Pepper. Different in our manners and methods, yet compliment each other near perfectly. Her strong points are my weaknesses and her weaknesses are my strong points. Between the 2 of us we keep our children in check and on the right path.

She enjoys cross stiching, reading, cooking, napping, taking naps, and the company of her husband and children. I have lots more to say but that will come later.




Reiley

Where do I start with this guy… At 9 years of age he is one of the most compassionate and caring individuals I have met in that age group. He shows empathy on a personal level for all around him. Now keeping in mind his age, he does have his moments when all that goes out the window. Usually it’s when he is “showing off” to his friends and his sisters are the targets.

Reiley has been with me since day 1. His mom and I separated and divorced in 2001. The years that followed have allowed us to forge a bond and connection that most fathers don’t have with their children. He is quite the special little guy.

Reiley has no reservations recognizing that Stacie is a mother to him. He will tell you that he has 2 moms and appreciates and loves them both. He does his best not to show favoritism to anybody, whether they are present or not.

He enjoys skate boarding, playing Poke-io (My way of saying Pokemon…. It drives him nuts), doing power slides on his bicycle (much to my chagrin as I will inevitably end up forking out money on new tires), XBox and jumping on the trampoline (which we just got). His favorite foods are enchiladas (Stacie has a hit with this one), spaghetti, fruit punch Kool-Aid (sugar free), and breakfast cereal. His favorite color is blue, would rather reading than doing math or writing. His favorite subject is science and is currently a Wolf Cub in his Cub Scout Pack (Which Stacie and I are the Leaders)

As the days, weeks, and years go by… Reiley will continue to morph into a super young man.


Maira

Wow Maira is a real gem… At 7 ½ years of age her personality has such a sparkle and she is blossoming more and more each day. She’s a beautiful girl with a big heart and she is overflowing with love and compassion. Some times this little gem does show a little smudging when she lets her grumpy and/or crabby side out.

Maira and I have created a real bond. From the moment that Stacie first introduced me to the girls I have connected with them and stepped into the role of father at full speed.

Maira enjoys riding her bike, wearing dresses, playing “Mom”, jumping on the trampoline, playing XBox, and Screaming REALLY Loud when she’s having fun. She likes enchilada’s (hmmm I think that’s been said before), Popcorn, anything tasty, and anything sweet. Her favorite color is purple, likes math, Girl Scouts, and holding Amira.

I know that as the years pass I will feel the need to interrogate her boyfriends.


Arami

Arami is a 4 ½ year old little firecracker. She is full of energy, highly inquisitive, very loving, and loves to cuddle. There is nothing she would love more than to snuggle with Mommy. She has stepped into the role of Big Sister with both feet running. She likes to hold her little sister (although she’s a very wiggly person by nature so Amira’s tolerance isn’t quite up there yet.)

Like Maira, she took to me with no reservations.

Arami likes, Dora, Diego, NickJr.com, and loading her backpacks with everything under the sun. She prefers her own water bottle, likes taking sips from Moms Soda, enchiladas, “bars” (granola and other snack bars), and grandpa’s orange slices candy. Her favorite place to go is Grandma’s House…. Her least favorite is her bed room for time-outs. Arami likes to help Mom and Dad cook in the kitchen and has a general disdain for cleaning her room. She enjoys primary, taking her scriptures to church and giving Mom’s tithing envelope to the Bishop.

Amira

Born in October this beautiful baby girl is a real pleasure and joy. Her personality is bright, bubbly, and inquisitive. She is discovering that she is capable of doing more and more each day. She is enjoying biter biscuits, graham crackers, and anything else she can stick in her mouth. She does (like any other baby) have her moments….. Its undoubtedly hunger, diaper, boredom, or nap time that will change her disposition. She favors Maira of any of her siblings to hold her, and her Mom over her Dad…

I Love My Family. I am blessed by them each and every day. All 5 of them not only inspire me to be to be a better person but to make everyday matter.

2 comments:

kath said...

What an incredibly sweet post, David! I am so happy for all of you - you're building a beautiful family, just what you all deserve.

Miss you all to bits,
Kath

Becky Jensen said...

that was just about the sweetest thing!! no wonder stacie brags about how great you are!!