17 April 2008

Do it Right the First Time.

Every once in a while you come across people who just do it the wrong way. Sometimes this decision is brought about by deliberate actions and sometimes its just ignorance. For example there is a restaurant here in town (we will just call it Bubba's ) I won't set foot into. Numerous Health Code Violations, Building Code Violations, the owner has a general disdain for all authority, and an attitude that he can do what ever he wants. He has been shut down in the past and scrambled to get himself back into compliance. He lost business and was closed for 3 days. All that could have been avoided by TALKING TO ME!



I'm ranting a little bit here. I have been trying to work with a certain business here in town for 2 months with little to no result. As a matter of fact they have continually ignored me, not return phone calls, and missed meetings. I am to the point now where I will be forced to post the business and effectively shut them down. I don't want to do this.... So TALK TO ME! Let me help you. Peoples life and safety are at stake.

On the other hand I for one am for small government. I don't think the government belongs in certain aspects of my life and business. Does that make me a hypocrite?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Government belongs where it's needed and no apology is required. Individuals can't go into the kitchens in restaurants and most of us wouldn't recognize some unsafe conditions. I don't what foods have to be stored at what temperature, how to identify old cooking grease, and I just won't crawl under sinks to see if there are rodent droppings.

Businesses, for the most part, particularly large ones, will always maximize profits and let risks go. Regulation is needed and beneficial. Stockholder owned companies are forbidden to consider anything but the bottom line in making decisions. The only way to keep them from running rampant in destroying public health and safety is with effective government regulation (see poison toys, contaminated medications and food from China for examples).