07 November 2008

Why My Children are Home schooled

I celebrate diversity. I celebrate debate and discussion. The stiffling of such discussion by activist teachers, professors, and religious leaders disgusts me and should have no place in the indoctrination of your youth.

Not once prior to the election did I speak badly to my children about Barak Obama, Joe Bidden, or any of our other elected leaders. And you will not hear such words from my mouth to any young person. Now obviously I have my opinions..... And I vote..... My job as a parent, a teacher, and a role model is to present both sides of a discussion or issue so a person can make up their own mind. I will tell them which way I feel about an issue or candidate and why, but I will not poison their opinions, discount their thoughts, or degrade them if it doesn't fit my agenda.

I enjoy our democratic process that our founding fathers put in place. And I will support our President Elect. In my book his approval rating as of right now is 100%. (Caution opinion coming) His job as a Senator stunk..... But at least we will get to see him make some real decisions.... Can't just vote present as Commander in Chief. (Opinion Over).

1 comment:

Becky Jensen said...

i agree with you. I also didn't down talk McCain (to my children). i did inform my kids about who Barack is and what I think he means for our country and explain that there is another man running against him ect... but my kids are also younger than yours. growing up we were always allowed our own opinions but believe me we had better been prepared to defend our choice!! which was very good, made me research and really make INFORMED choices! Personal opinions need to be kept to the right platform and the classroom is not the right place.